Veterans Funeral Services
Serving United States Veterans of Armed Services is something we take serious at Mullins Memorial. Our founder’s father, David Michael Mullins is a US Army Vietnam War Veteran whom was awarded multiple medals including the Purple Heart and The Bronze Star. We take pride in serving Veteran families but also ensuring that each one of those families knows what they are entitled to whether we pursue those entitlements on their behalf, or not. It’s only right.
Veteran Burial Services Starting at $2,840
Including Cemetery Property at Sarasota National Cemetery
An Honorably Discharged Veteran may be entitled to the following:
- A U.S. flag that is usually presented to the next of kin
- A military grave marker. (choice of: white marble, gray granite, or bronze)
- If a Veteran is receiving monthly benefits from the military due to some type of service-related injury, then the veteran’s family may be entitled to some type of monetary benefit.When requested, a 2-man detail from the
- Veteran’s branch of service may be available to fold the flag as well as play “Taps”. (Full military honors are only provided as determined by the military. Often local V.F.W. posts will offer 21-volley salutes.)
- When death occurs in a V.A. (Veterans Affairs) Hospital, the family will be reimbursed by the government for the funeral home’s pick-up charges as well as the hearse charge going to the cemetery.
- Burial in the National Cemetery at no charge. (In order to be buried with their spouse, the spouse of the veteran may have to pay an opening and closing fee to the cemetery.) Not the case at Sarasota National Cemetery.
- Military personnel who die in the line-of-duty would receive all the benefits listed above, plus other monetary benefits as determined by the government.
There is never an additional fee for Mullins Memorial to assist a family with securing any of these entitlements. It is part of our service to these special families.